My baby is 2 and 1/2! Who would've ever thought how fast this time would go, and now we're having another one?!! She is growing up so much and talking so well. She says full sentences all the time and never ceases to amaze us with the things she says and knows. She is so full of life and so cute. She always makes us happy and makes all those around her smile. We are so grateful for this little girl. She is also very excited to be a big sister and talks about it all the time. She is now potty trained, too and that is just fabulous! We will just have one in diapers and I can handle that! The last time I did an update on Reese was when she was 27 months, which was about 3 month ago. Here's what Reese is doing and up to now. PS I'll post more pics from this summer later.
Reese Phrases:
-Whenever she is talking to someone she'll end it by saying, "said, mama" or "said, ga" or "said dada". So for example she'll say, "I need a cracker," said mama. She does this because of all the reading she does. This is how people talk in books so this is how she talks all the time. It's very cute.
-Where, where my I keem? (Where's my ice cream?)
-I need.... (she never says I want, but always I need)
-Wha, wha, wha, what sound is that? (to every single noise)
-No pee pee in my undawear. (when she is dry)
-You be back? (She has to ask everyone this when they leave? She can't handle it if we don't come back.)
-Where's....? (She always has to know where each person is each day and will ask numerous times)
-Mine is a hone (She loves the song Love is Spoken Here)
-Come, play with me!
-I jus read my books.
-2 books? (and puts up 2 fingers, but it usually is her asking for us to carry up a whole heap of books)
-I like yo hair! (She loves to stroke hair)
-I need a tic tac!
-Wanna play a game? (usually referring to playing on the iphone which she can do better than us or to play candy land).
-Come ova! (she'll say this when we walk into her room and are just watching her as she reads books)
-Bake, bake a hard! (This is how she pronounces the song, Break, Break Your Heart, which is her current favorite dancing song)
-I need a song! (She says this when she wants us to play some music while she's playing)
-I dye (I'm dry!)
-Fruit doops (froot loops), Cocoa pups (cocoa puffs)
-I no like the.... (that's how she says she doesn't like something)
-I just ky (cry!)
-Mayol (mail)
-Where's my docor? (Where's her doctor kit?)
-Mama take you bed (I want mama to take me to bed)
-I cair you? (I carry you, meaning will you carry me?)
-Baby brudah (brother)
-I fahted! (farted)
-No dis one! (to anything she doesn't want, especially songs she doesn't want to listen to)
-dis one! (what she calls anything she doesn't know or remember the name or word for)
-Some more!
-Oh!
-Oh no! (she says this all time, even for hooray or oh yes!)
-Oh my gooness! (goodness)
-It's not we'reking! (it's not working!)
Favorite Songs:
-Whenever I hear (My Heavenly Father Loves Me)
-Give Said the Little Stream
-Heavenly Father (A Child's Prayer)
-Keep the Command-mand-ments
-Mine is a Hone (Love is Spoken Here)
-Sailing Away (by Travis)
-Bake, Bake a Hard (Break, Break my Heart)
Fave Food:
-Green Beans
-Cucumbers with Ranch
-Strawberries
-Cold Cereal (froot loops, cocoa puffs, lucky charms)
-PBJ sandwich
-Ham and Cheese and Crackers
-Pizza
-Lasagna
-Goldfish
-Pretzels
-Olives
-Cheese
-Cottage cheese and chips/crackers
-Juice (any, including prune)
Foods she's liking more:
-Watermelon
-Raspberrries
-Porkchops
-Bamatoes (tomatoes)
Foods she's disliking as of now:
-Potatoes
-Peas
-Spaghetti O's
-Some meats
-Yogurt
Miscellaneous things about Reese:
-Sleeps till aobut 9-9:30am every morning
-Potty trained! (We did Alyssa's timer trick and she was pee trained within 3 days, pooping took awhile, but we're good now!)
-No longer wets the bed at night (meaning she doesn't pee out of her clothes and soak her sheets)
-Loves these books: Big Sister, Potty Book for Girls, Corduroy, Sesame Street, Blues Clues, Library ones, Strawberry Books (she can quote these and read them to us), Beernstein Bears books
-Always wants to play with her doctor kit
-Loves her car and strodas (strollers)
-Loves the show Super Why and these small car toys of each character
-Took swim lessons for the first two weeks of July and is a pure fish! She goes underwater, floats, jumps in and goes off the diving board. She wears a bubble belt, but is fearless!
-Went to Wisconsin for two weeks in June and swam like crazy. That's where she first showed us how fearless she was in the water and could swim all by herself.
-Loves to wear baseball hats backwards and pretend or actually swing a bat and play ball.
-Has a love/hate relationship with dogs
-Loves to roar like a lion, meow like a cat and ruff, ruff like a dog
-Loves to dance and wants to dance everyday and hear music
-Loves her daddy and playing in the backyard after dinner with him. He throws her in the air, swings her around and they chase/kick her ball all around. The tackle each other and tickle each other and run like crazy.
-Only wants mama to take her to bedl.
-Reads books in bed forever (doesn't want songs anymore which is sad to me).
-Figured out that she can get out of her bed and open her door and come out of her room at night.
-Drinks from a big girl cup just fine and only that at night before bed
-Constantly is decorated with stickers from going potty
-Still takes naps (from about 2-5pm)
-Is quite the negotiator. When she has to eat or something she'll say 2 books? (like can i read 2 books first) or Can I play? (like will i get to play for lil bit more or after we eat?)
-Loves the park
-Doesn't forget anything you tell her. She has a mind like a steel trap.
-Jake witnessed her sharing in nursery! (That couldn't make me happier!)
-Finally can do nursery all by herself now!
-First poop was at church on the potty during sacrament meeting by her telling me she had to go. (Later she pooped in her underwear, but after 4 days of holding it in what do you expect?)
-Has a wonderful imagination (Her lil red chair she has outside is everything from a slide, hee haw (see saw), park, jumping tool and holds her boom box for music.
-Sings while eating
-Only wants cereal in the morning and asks for it at lunch
-Loves to find airplanes
-Loves Ga's garden and she can tell you where everything is and what it is
-Always cries when I leave
-Only wants to read from the Doctrine and Covenants from the scriptures
-Loves to have FHE
-Went to her first movie (Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs) She did well for the first half and then wanted to go home especially after she used the bathroom (ps she's terrified of those hand dryers)
-Takes a ton of books to bed and drops them between her bed and the wall
-Always sleeps with watermelons and/or lady bugs and/or rubber duckys, and/or poly and always her binky
-Loves Tahget (Target) and their popcorn and toys
Saturday, July 31, 2010
Reese is 2 and a Half!
Posted by
linds
at
10:00 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
She is so cute Linds. I love that she only likes D&C, what a selective Mormon.
Also, if my kid sleeps half as good as yours, I will cry tears of happiness.
Look at her hair...it is blowing my mind! What a cutie! Miss you guys!
Post a Comment