Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Prego Update

So I just came back from another doctor appointment (my due date is tomorrow). The nurse felt so bad for me. She kept asking why I was still pregnant?! Um good question! We've determined we have a stubborn child on our hands. He's just not ready to come out yet.

We learned that he's still floating, which is called unstable lie. His head was down, but off to the right of my pelvis. He really likes to be there. So we did an ultrasound to check measurements to see how large he really is and how much fluid I actually have in there. We found out that he's measuring at about 8 pounds 9 ounces right now. So yes, I grow them large. He doesn't have an abnormally large head and so that's not preventing him from coming down. I also have about 13 cm of fluid in my uterus. The doctor only gets worried when it's below 5cm. So there's still room in there for him.

We've determined that I don't want to go past 41 weeks. He would start to get too large and things could be a problem. So d-day is next Wednesday, August 11th. I have an appointment on the Tuesday before just to check everything out again. Hopefully I don't make until then and go into labor on my own, but we all know with Reese's history I was 9 days overdue and still was induced. If we do make it to the appt. then hopefully his head has dropped and is engaged into the pelvis. That would make induction all that much easier. Even if his head hasn't dropped I'm going in most likely early on the 11th and being put on pitocin. Then the doctor hopes those strong contractions will engage his head and help me to have a normal vaginal delivery. However if his head doesn't engage and nothing is helping then we're doing a c-section.

So we'll just see what happens. I feel good about our options and what we've talked about. I really don't want to have a c-section. It kinda freaks me out, but I can only do what I can. We just pray this little boy drops, comes naturally, and that most of all we have a safe and healthy delivery. My doctor told me that she just did this same thing last week with another girl who was 41 weeks with an unstable lie child, and the pitocin worked within 4 hours. She had a normal vaginal delivery. That gives me hope!

Here's to hoping the same for me, especially since she shifted his head over to where it's supposed to be now! Come on lil guy and come out! Now would be great!

4 comments:

The Leakes said...

Good luck with everything! Hope he drops quick and comes out soon!

Natalie said...

Hang in there! We are thinking about you!

Paige said...

These little boys sure have given us a run for our money, haven't they? I hope you don't have to get a c-section but if you do just know that I didn't think the recovery was bad at all. I was up at at them the next day just moving a little slow. Actually getting the c-section was the bad part but that was because it was I was overly numb. But that won't happen to you. Good luck! I will be thinking about you!

The Cornett Family said...

Oh Lindsay, can I just say you are amazing??? You are super woman to carry those large babies...and to carry them so long! I miss you a ton, your Moscow post made me sad and made me miss you a lot! I hope you guys are doing well, and can't wait to here the news that baby boy is here!