Saturday, July 24, 2010

38.5 Weeks


So here I am with only a week and half left until the due date! It's a stressful week around here and we're all hoping that doesn't put me over the edge and into labor. Jake is taking the bar this Tuesday and Wednesday. We're so hoping our little one waits until Wednesday night to come, although we said that if there's any chance that he wants to come before the bar, Sunday would be the best day. So cross your fingers for us!

As far as baby progress goes, we were a little scared a few weeks ago because the doctor said that baby was breech. Without his head down we'd most likely have to have a c-section unless he flipped. So that next week I was on my hands and knees a lot walking around, trying to push him down, talk him down and then finally the day before my appointment I did handstands in the pool after Reese's swim lesson. Well we think those did the trick because at my appointment his head was down. They even did an ultrasound to check. We were so happy and relieved! I wasn't dilated at all and so the doctor said she was going to be optimistic and hope that he'd dropped by the next appointment and that I'd be dilated to 1.5cm. I was told to walk a lot and get lots of activity in. I could handle that!

So last week I went for a walk every night and chased Reese around. I also can't even begin to count how many times I got up and off the floor with Reese while doing potty training. That's a workout in itself being 9 months pregnant. I tried to do my job and hoped for the best.

Well I just had my appointment on Thursday and she said that I was 1.5cm dilated and 80% effaced, which is really good. His head is still "floating" and hasn't "dropped", so there's a chance he could still flip back, but we're hoping not. I'm supposed to keep walking and getting that head down, but I'm holding off until Wednesday when Jake takes the bar. I really don't want to deliver a baby all by myself. So I'm hoping he drops soon and that he waits to put me in labor till the end of this week. It would be nice to have a few days with Jake before our life completely changes again!

So that's the story right now. If he's dropped by my appointment next Thursday we can talk about doing an induction on the following Monday (Aug. 2) because as of right now he is already about 8 pounds according the doctor. She also said that they gain about a half pound per week now, so if I go to my due date he'll be around 9 pounds. So yes, I'm destined to have large babies, and I'm perfectly okay with that. They eat well and sleep well and the fit into the their clothes better. We just can't wait to see him!

5 comments:

Kate said...

man, that is a lot of stress all at once! I'm so glad the baby is head down now, and I hope he stays that way! Good luck on the bar, Jake, and I hope that baby waits until you're done to come!

Brett and Sydnie said...

I am very excited for little boy to come! Good luck to Jake!

The Bowles said...

you're so close. i can't wait for him to be here! tell jakers good luck! we'll pray for him! he'll do great!

Lyss said...

The 2nd? That is an amazing day in our hearts! We would love for Kardynn and little Naylor Man to share a birthday ... I seriously can't wait to see this little guy!

MegRich said...

Way to get that baby to flip! Best of luck to Jake on the Bar and best of luck with that baby- hope he doesn't come until after Jake's test is over!