Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Here it is....


This is it! This is my summer project! I can finally post it since my brother is married now. I gave it to them this weekend and they loved it! I was so happy. Jake told them if they didn't like it to just give it back because he wanted it so bad. This was my first quilt, and I did it all! I picked out the fabric (their wedding colors), cut it all, sewed each piece together, pinned it, quilted it, sewed on one-edge of the binding and then hand quilted the rest of the binding, and made the label. It's a lap size quilt, so it's perfect to use wherever. It was amazing and I loved every second of it. I enjoyed it so much. I just can't wait to do more. It wouldn't have been possible without my mother in law, Lorrie! Big shout out to you! Thanks for all your expertise and help. It was a success! Enjoy the pics.... (The label says, A team because that's what they call themselves since they're Adam and Annie).

10 comments:

Aaron and Melanie Gordon said...

Amazing! How many hours did you spend on it? You did an awesome job.

Mike & Rachel Barton said...

You are amazing, Lindsay! Seriously, it is so beautiful! Great job!

Erin Masi said...

Wow! That is so beautiful!!! I am so impressed!!

Camille said...

amazing! how long did it take!?!?

Kira said...

I love it!!! It is so pretty and amazing.. I want one :)

The Bowles said...

way to go lindsay! that's a gorgeous quilt. you did a fabulous job every step of the way. they'll love that quilt for years to come! you have major skills girl!

Carolyn said...

I love the quilt! You did an amazing job! What a great wedding gift!

MegRich said...

Way to go Linds. It looks awesome!

...DAVE and KATHRYN... said...

That is amazing! Very impressive--way to go!

Mark Andersen said...

I'm very impressed! I can't believe that was your first one. It's sooo beautiful! Keep it up.

Jennifer