Saturday, August 15, 2009

August is CRAZY!

So this month is just flying by and I can't believe it. Reese is now 18 months old! ONE AND A HALF! I can't believe it. She's so darn cute and just so fun. She's talking so much more and at her last speech appointment she said everything. It was amazing, although she never ceases to amaze us! I'll post pics and more info later because pics are on another computer and we're in a transition stage of life right now. She did have her 18 month check up and weighed in at 28.2 pounds (90%), 33 1/2 inches tall (95%) and 50 1/2 cm head circumference (WAY ABOVE the charts (fat head)). She got her shot on Wednesday and ever since then has been sick. It has been a hard couple of days for her and us. She just hasn't been the same Reesie. She wouldn't eat anything but goldfish and would only drink. Last night her fever spiked and freaked us all out. I'd never seen her so sick before. It was so scary, but thankfully she is doing much better and breaking that fever down little by little. We've got to get her good and ready for the rest of this month's events.

Tomorrow we're going to Portland and it'll be a blast. We'll be chilling with Mal and Jon (Jake's sis) for the first part of the week and then my family flies in on Wednesday (our anniversary) for my bro, Adam's wedding on the 22nd (Saturday). I can't wait to hang out with them and have fun with those festivities. I'm so excited to give Adam and Annie their present. I've been working on it all summer and can't wait to give it to them. Pictures to come later, but it's officially finished and I can't wait to do more....

Anyway this month has just been wild. We went to McCall for the first week and hung out, picked 6 pounds of huckleberries, swam and played lots of Settlers. It was wonderful to have a relaxing break. More on that later, but it was a blast.

Then this past week was our last week in Boise for the summer. It was filled with lots of last minute things to do and fun. I got my hair cut after a 7 month drought and we celebrated our anniversary today seeing as we'll be busy next week.

We went on a train ride from Horseshoe Bend to Banks. It was AMAZING. We had a blast and there was supposed to be unlimited Chicago Connection pizza, but when we got there we were limited to 2 slices per person. Don't worry we got more and just had fun being together and loving every second of it. Totally recommend it to anyone. Do it!

Anyway, as you can see crazy times. We'll be going straight to Moscow from Portland next Sunday where we'll have to face reality again. What a great summer, and just thought we'd keep you up to date with the past month seeing as we won't probably post again until September and our lives slow down.

2 comments:

Sandi said...

Yes, come face reality with the rest of us. I am not gonna lie, it is kind of hard to face reality, especially when you know there will never be another summer so carefree as this one was.

Red & Lyss said...

We just got back from Portland area! We can't wait for you to get back here!