Wednesday, September 10, 2008

7 is Magic, 7 is You!


I once had this book when I was younger that was titled what this blog post is. I liked it solely for the purpose that it was a reading book probably from the sixties or seventies that was used to teach reading comprehension and skills. I would use it to then "teach" my brothers as we would play school. I didn't really ever remember reading much from it, but I remember loving the name of it and always thinking that 7 really must be a cool number.

Anyway that is all due to the fact that yes, Reese is 7 months old. As of August 31st. My baby is really growing up. She's just got the cutest personality and is as happy as can be. She smiles and laughs all the time. She's my little buddy and I love being at home with her. Life isn't so boring at home when you have a little buddy to keep you busy and on your toes.

She's doing all kinds of new tricks, as Jake and I like to call them. In fact one of the most crazy ones is that she is managing to cut a tooth through her gums! Yeppers! She has officially broken the skin with tooth number one. It's her front one on her lower right side. It's a jagged and sharp little bugger and coming in at oh about the slowest speed possible. If only it could come in one shot this little girl might only have pain in one day instead of throughout the days, weeks. months... and so on. She's a trooper though and most especially when she's had a few drops of tylenol.

Another one of her accomplished tricks is clapping! She loves to clap. All you do is say, "yeah! (yah or however you spell that)" and the two hands come flying together for some awesome hand clapping. It's so much fun that we usually end up doing it a million times a day. The only bad thing is that everytime I try to bust out the video camera to record it, she absolutely will not do it. Oh well, maybe one day!

Reese also discovered splashing in the tub this week! She's graduated from her little baby tub to the big girl tub. As I sat her up, she tried to grab at the water only to find that it didn't come up, so she realized that if she patted it, it would splash. So for a long time after I just sat there absorbing water as Reese splashed and splashed to her heart's content. It was so much fun! She officially loves the bath!



Reese is sitting up as well. She continues to get better, but she's not at her full ability. I believe that's why she hasn't really crawled yet. I've heard that you have to master sitting before you can really begin to crawl. We're getting there, though and believe me I am just fine with her not crawling yet.

Just because she can't "crawl", doesn't mean she can't creep or roll to what she wants, because she can. She rolls everywhere and currently her favorite place is under the coffee table. I don't know how she doesn't smack her head as she rolls down under it, but she works her magic and gets right on in. She also loves, as of today, pulling her basket off the bookshelf and dumping all the toys, diapers, wipes and lotion upon herself. That little Reester can get into anything. Jake's books are next and so the shifting of the bookshelf begins.

Reese has also figured out that she can pull down her bumper pads to try and see more or Jake and I as we leave to put her down for the night. She really just wants out of her little cage. Some nights she goes down like a dream and others are a bit of a fight, but hey so far so good. Once she's out she's gone for the night and now wakes up anywhere between 6:30-8:30am. No alarm clock for me thank you very much.

Reese is always up and ready to go. Although she always manages to still hate Sundays. They throw her for a loop because she can't miss out on anything. My last Sunday in Boise I actually went to Relief Society for the whole time and Reese didn't want to eat and was good! It was a happy day!

Reese is eating solid foods, well as solid as they can be for her right now. She's eaten cucumbers (fav), prunes (we all know why and not good), carrots (hated them), bananas (a favorite), peaches (loves grandma Naylor's, hates gerber's), peas (we're working on it), green beans (fair), sweet potatoes (another fav), mashed potatoes (loves them), kix and cereal puffs (another favorite), salmon bits (yum), graham crackers (delish), and apple juice. She's living the high life. Next on the list...squash!

She is a really good eater, too! She loves sitting in her high chair and opens her mouth so big. She's a good girl! She especially loves the rice cereal and there's no problem getting that down. She's fun to feed and she has fun after she finishes her food, playing with the spoon she wants the whole time I'm feeding her. She also grabs her little cereal puffs with her first finger and thumb. She accomplished that trick and few weeks ago and loves self feeding.

Reese no longer blows out, but holds it all in until sometimes a suppository is necessary. Hence, the prunes! One day she'll figure it out! So there are not any more blow outs!

Everytime we get into the car seat, Reese has to hold onto the sides. Sometimes with both hands but almost always with at least one hand. She really loves to do it when Jake's driving. What is she trying to tell us? It's so cute though, because as soon as she willing goes into her car seat she holds on and looks up at us like what adventure are we off to now? It's so dang cute!

Welp, enough of the Reester spiel. That's the story and so now you can all feel good about the fact that you read more about our little girl than you care to know, but it's on here because this is the best way I journal. Done and done!

8 comments:

Katyanne said...

too cute. this is the perfect age. not running around yet!!!! but can start crawling or scooting to things she wants without constantly needed your attention. and doesn't know the word NO yet. brilliant age. :) live it up. also check out my blog...I added everyone from the ward enrichment last night. you can copy and paste them all or check them out!! julie moore is the only one that is blocked so you will have to email her for permission. have fun blogging!!!!

Malorie said...

how bad do I want those animal pants... You both are so cute! I miss little Reesey!

Nicole said...

Cute pictures! She is a so much fun. I love reading what she is currently mastering because I know Aidan is just behind her. Thanks for the tips on feeding. It has been really helpful and I love the idea of letting him pick and little bits of cereal when he starts to reach for the spoon (which I feel isn't in too far away).

Brett & Syd said...

I can not express how happy this post made me. Love it all.

Kira said...

Aww I miss you guys and little Reese too. She is getting so big and it feels like you guys just had her! Hope all is well.

Camille said...

Thanks for all the updates on Reese! She is such a cute little girl, and I'm sure you have so much fun with her every day! That's neat that you saw Janet this summer- we've emailed a few times. It's weird not teaching, but kinda nice, too! Take care!

Natalie said...

No more blowouts?!? Mike will be so relieved...and may even invited you over more often without any threats!

Red & Lyss said...

She is such a sweet little girl! I can't believe what 7 months can do! Lindsay, I can't tell you how much I appreciate you as a friend and as an example of being a mom, you are awesome! I love you to death!

Love,
Alyssa