My mom has a pretty rad sugar cookie recipe. Sugar cookies usually fail because they're too thin and crispy or just flavorless. This recipe doesn't have those problems. She gives it out to anyone who wants it, but some people have told her that they just don't turn out the same. Linds gave it a shot this week and they turned out fabulous.
Someone else liked them, too:I've never seen her open her mouth this wide for food before (when she's screaming, that's another story)
Sunday, August 31, 2008
Suga Cookiez
Posted by
Jake
at
6:42 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
you can't tell us you have this rad sugar cookie recipe and then not share it with us! let us give it a try, too! :)
I miss my Reesie!
I can't believe little reese is so skinny even eating all those cookies=) haha She is adorable and a lightweight compared to elise (who is 21 lbs and 2 ounces...and 29 3/4 inches long) its hard to believe they are just a few days apart. hope you guys are doing well! - natalie
And did Reese stay up all night after eating that cookie? I don't think so. She loves what she loves. Grandpa loves her.
The Best Sugar Cookies
-Lorrie Naylor
½ Cup butter or margarine
1½ tsp vanilla
½ Cup shortening
3½ Cups sifted flour
1 Cup Sugar
1 tsp baking soda
3 eggs
2 tsp cream of tartar
Cream together butter, shortening, sugar; add eggs and vanilla. Blend well with all ingredients. Roll ¼ inch thick and bake at 350 degrees for 8 - 10 minutes. Frost with buttercream frosting.
Buttercream Frosting
In a mixing bowl--combine 1 lb (4 C.) powdered sugar, ¼ tsp salt, ¼ Cup milk, 1 tsp vanilla and 1/3 Cup (2/3 stick) soft butter or margarine. Beat with electric mixer or heavy spoon until smooth and creamy, scrape bowl often. If too stiff to spread easily, beat in a few drops of milk or water. Frosting should just lose its gloss.
I can attest to the goodness of the cookies, I ate at least half a plate of them. Yummm...
Ooh I want some now! Reese is so cute :)
Post a Comment