Monday, February 11, 2008

We Jinxed Ourselves!

So apparently don't get your hopes up when your little baby starts sleeping well through the night. Last night and the night before she sure showed us who's boss. She would not sleep at all. She was wired. Little Reesey is jinxing us for saying she's a good sleeper. However, we think going to church messed up her routine. We went to church yesterday and stayed for all three hours. She did great, but we had to wake her up to get her ready and I believe it threw the whole day for a loop. Maybe we'll just never go to church again....just kidding! We'll just have to get her ready for church when she wakes up at 5 or 6am. Oh the things you learn as a parent and how you're willing to sacrifice sleep to make your little one happy. Who knows what made her cry every time we laid her down because we tried everything, but finally by 2:30am she fell asleep as usual and then as I quietly laid her down stayed asleep until 7am. We'll see what happens today or tonight I should say! She still is the cutest baby ever and it's sad because of course my mom is leaving tomorrow morning! Now that Reese has gone back to bad sleeping habits my mom's leaving...ahhhh! Good thing Lorrie (my mother-in-law) will be here on Friday to help us! We're excited to have her come. This week will be an adventure...can't wait to see what happens!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lindsay and Jake, Congrats on your new baby! We are loving this blog thing, it's a great way to keep in touch! Good luck, don't give up on the sleeping well, babies go through all sorts of stages!
Good luck... Chris and Jeni

Nicole said...

Sorry Lindsay! It's the devil's way of trying to keep you away from church. ;) I'm sure it will get better in the near future. I hope you get some sleep tonight.

Ashes said...

Linds I am getting Maddie on a sleep and eating schedule by using a book called the contented little baby. There are a lot of different books to try to get your baby on schedule, but let me tell you, it really helps to let you know why your baby is crying... is she hungry, is she tired, is she bored? As they get older they stay up more, and you want to make sure they are awake during (with naps...much needed) the day and sleeping during the night. Maddie has always been on the small side so she's not big enough to really sleep through the night by herself, but some nights she does really well but most nights she is still waking up at least once. Discloser though, I don't follow the book exactly because sometimes I feel it is too restricting during the day (for me to get out and have a life), but it is a good guide to get your baby on a schedule. Just a little advice. Hope you are doing well. Ash