Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Looks Like Thursday!

Welp, we had our weekly doctor appointment yesterday and basically our little girl is due or overdue. We did an ultrasound and a nonstress test to make sure she is still doing alright, and she's just fine. The doctor said we could wait until next week if we wanted and keep doing nonstress tests every three days or we could pick a day and get induced. He said that a little bit of pitocin would do just the trick and we'd have a baby. So after long deliberation of whether we should induce or wait till next week to see if she'd come naturally, we decided to induce this Thursday. I'm ready and my mom has always been induced without any problems so that's what we're going to do. Our little girl will hopefully be here on Thursday with a short labor, but it could be Friday. And no, we still haven't chosen a name. We want to see her, so stay tuned. Oh and how do you feel about middle names for girls? I didn't have one and loved it because I thought it was so cool to be different from everyone else. We have been thinking though lately that we may like a middle name. Some of the names in the running are Piper Kate Naylor, Ivy Grace Naylor or Reese ? Naylor. Let us know what you think.

12 comments:

The Bowles said...

thanks for the update! how funny--i didn't have a middle name either and i loved it. i love the name reese grace naylor or reese kate naylor. but whatever you decide will be perfect for your little one! can't wait to see pictures thurs or friday! is jake planning on updating it for all of us? she's going to be a little hottie for sure:)

Lesley said...

I didn't have a middle name and loverd it, but for some reason a middle name just fit perfectly for Ella. We ended up giving her as a middle name one of our favorite first names. I totally broke with family norms on both sides, but oh well! Ella Kensington... what a name. I love Piper Ivy and Reece, so good luck with that!

erin said...

I'm a fan of having your last name become a middle name someday... but middle names for girls aren't bad. If you feel strongly she should have two names, go for it dudes.

BradandBecca said...

We are voting for Ivy Grace... we think that sounds the best. Reese Kate sounds better when you say it than Reese Grace. Just a humble opinion.

Red & Lyss said...

I am so excited for you! I haven't made my mind up about middle names for girls either. I didn't have one, but a middle name can really make the name! You'll know when you see her! Goodluck!

Nicole said...

Good luck Lindsay! We can't wait to see her to. I loved having a middle name...especially because now it is the name that I go by.

L said...

If you name your baby Rees you better spell it with out the last e like my name!

-Laura Rees

kenzie said...

linds,
I personally wish I had a middle name, because I think i would have liked to choose to keep my middle name or my maiden name, I didn't care when i was little, but I care now. but i think it is fine both ways, but it gives you a chance to give her a sweet middle name that might be too much for her first, but makes her a rock star.
kenz

kenzie said...

Ivy Piper Naylor! IPN looks like a corporation. Ivy all the way, it's the sweetest name and I don't know of anyone who has it, totally unique and not so unique it's wierd(which will be our kids). or Ivy Kenzie Naylor after her favorite aunt... what the heck go for 4 names. sorry about the long posts, Good luck tomorrow! I am SOOOOOO excited!!! Love you!

Unknown said...

Oh soooo exciting, thats today. Good luck.
My vote is for Reese (although I will always think of Reese Witherspoon, but that's not so bad)or Grace (Will and I are planning on using this someday, I love it).
I'm down with middle names. B/c Will and I are doing Presidents theme middle names are my only chance for creativity. Some middle names I have planned for girls to come are grace, rose, and joy. Our next girl will be Madison or Maddie Joy.
Oh I remember those last few days they are sooo exciting but you are soooo ready for the baby to come!!! Good luck!

lorrie said...

Jake and Lindsay--what can I say about middle names? I have one, but I dropped it to use my maiden name as my middle name (it's pretty cool!) My girls had three syllable names, too, and I wanted them to be able to use their maiden name as their middle name, so I didn't give them one, but I never thought about them wanting to be able to choose (sorry, kenz!)Interesting choices, though--Ivy is the first name of my paternal grandfather, and Grace is the first name of my maternal grandmother (her middle name way Mae--I love that spelling), so good luck on figuring it all out! I'll love her no matter what!

Malorie said...

It's totally up to you, but I'm a fan of Ivy Grace. If you don't use it I just might steal it! ;)