Friday, September 3, 2010

Bringing Noah Home



We brought Noah home on Friday, August 13th in the afternoon. I was excited to finally put him in a cute outfit and take him out. We went home just Jake and I to Reese who was being watched by her great grandpa Naylor! It was kind of a crazy weekend because Jake's parents went out of town to be at cousin Theo's baby blessing in Portland and my mom was at home because my brother, Seth, got home from his mission the same day I had Noah. So on Sunday, Seth and Ethan, spoke in church (Seth had a welcome home and Ethan had his farewell). As a result, I mustered up all my mom power and was brave. Jake had to go back to work that afternoon, but he was amazing and made everything readily accessible to my station on the basement couch. He put Reese down for a nap, set up all my snacks and water for me and then pulled the pack'n'play with Noah right next to me on the couch. Reese of course only slept for about an hour, and then we watched Finding Nemo while she played with her toys too. I was really worried she'd freak out with me while having a new baby at home for the first time, but she was absolutely fantastic. I fed Noah off and on and he slept otherwise until Jake got home. I survived day one of being a mom of two!

That weekend Noah woke up about every hour at night to eat. That was hard, but it was ok. It wasn't so bad. Jake took Reese for a date on Saturday. They went to the park and played. Then they went to McDonalds, got a Happy Meal and she got to play at the play place there. She had a lot of fun. Sunday, Jake got Reese up and all ready for church. She was showered and looked beautiful. He did her hair just perfectly and Noah and I chilled at home. That meant we basically slept the whole time. Lucky for us, Jake's uncle and aunt brought us dinner that day. We had a nice visit with them and great grandpa. Then our friends the Coltrins brought over some yummy dessert, too.

Monday rolled along and I was dead tired after being up with Noah in the night (luckily not every hour) and trying to keep up with Reese. Some awesome friends, the McBrides, volunteered to take Reese and have her play for a few hours so I could try and nap. They fed her lunch so I just had to put her down for a nap. That was awesome! Then they even brought dinner over later. They were so kind.

Kirt and Lorrie got back that night and have been so very helpful. It's so nice to have Ga and Pa around! Ga has been so wonderful and helping Reese all day. She feeds her breakfast, gives her baths, dresses her, reads her books, takes her to the library, movies, and/or stores with her and makes our lunches and dinners. She tells me to try and get more sleep when she takes Reese in the morning and that has been so nice. It's been so great to not have to fully worry about Reese and Noah right now. I've been able to ease into it! It sure would've been a lot harder without her and all the help! It'll be just as wonderful when my parents come next week for his blessing and we have fun oooing over Noah then!

More on Noah to come soon...

5 comments:

Camille said...

noah's adorable! just take it day by day- things will get better! i know i don't have a two year old, but having two kids is sometimes hard! you will do great!!!

Lyss said...

I am so glad that you posted more pictures of Noah, he is so perfect! I am glad to hear that everything is going so well! We miss you guys so much, and can't wait until we can somehow cross paths again :)!

Brett and Sydnie said...

I have been waiting for more Noah pics like crazy! I'm glad you are getting slowly adjusted, I'm sure in no time you will be super-mom.

PS-Your hair is crazy long.

Lorrie said...

Totally my pleasure! Really! Your kids are adorable, and so easy to be with!

Sandi said...

All I have to say is that you have not delivered on the last line of this blog post.