My little baby is continually growing more and more and getting cuter and cuter! She's done so many things this past month. The pics above are from the Farmer's market.
She LOVES the swings! HOORAY! You don't know how happy I was when she finally sat in it without freaking out and then wouldn't get out! We were at the park when this little girl that was the same age as Reese was there. Reese watched her so closely as she was in the swing and saw how much fun she was having. So I decided that I should try it with her then. Well, it worked! I was so elated! I called and told everyone that I could. I adore the swings so it was a proud moment in my life! My dad used to take me to the swings on the back of his bike all the time and I would swing and swing and swing to my heart's content. Those are some of my earliest memories of me in this life and they are just so happy! Yeah for Reese and I hope she has the same memories! I know I'll have to get a pic of her enjoying them.
She also had her very first ice cream cone and of course devoured it!
She got her first big owie! She fell down the cement steps outside, but now she does great going up or down any stairs!
She had her first bike ride on the back of the bike with me! She loves it so much that she cries when we ride past the house just for fun because she thinks she had to go in. She gets mad when we have to take her out of it, too. Her helmet is just the cutest little thing on that head of hers. It makes her head look even bigger, but she rocks it! She even smacks the top her helmet once it's on her head like she's saying, "Look mom, I'm ready to go!" Love it and love her!
She was present for her first Father's day! Last year we were in Wisconsin when my brother got home from his mission and Jake was working so we weren't there to celebrate with him. So this year Reese was able to be here and love her daddy like crazy on his special day. She gave him a book, Spot Loves His Daddy. We made him Chinese food and it was delicious! It was a great day and we're just so grateful for the wonderful father he is. He's the best!
Reese also went to Nursery for the first time on Father's day! Grandpa took her and she just walked right in. She stayed all the way up until the last half hour. She had a great time though and did really well. The next week she stayed the entire time and had no problems and the same with just this past Sunday. I couldn't believe it! It's a bittersweet moment. I'm happy to be able to listen and relax at church now, but sad that my baby's growing up so much. I'm not going to lie either, she does a good job of entertaining me sometimes during boring moments and sharing her snacks, so I will miss that too! One of the nursery leaders was holding Reese when we came to pick her up last week at the end and we asked if everything was alright. She said oh yeah she just got tackled and fell down so I picked her up. She didn't cry or anything! They just picked her up cuz they felt bad. I was happy to hear that. She's a tough cookie. You boys out there better watch out!
She ate with a real fork and spoon for the first time and loved it. She does really well, but when she gets frustrated with things falling off she goes back to the good ole' two hands. She's a great eater still. She's been pickier about fruit lately, but loves grandma's homemade wheat bread, lunch meat, lasagna, peas, beans, cheese, hamburgers, pickles, ketchup and ranch dip. She also is almost up to a whole cup of whole milk. We're just finished up the formula and then she'll be a cow milk drinker fo reals this time!
Reese went swimming for the first time in her own kiddie pool in grandma's backyard. She really likes it and has fun splashing and playing ring around the rosie in the water. She also loves to wander around the yard afterward eating otter pops as she dries off.
Reese went swimming at a public pool for the first time(This was actually for the fourth of July weekend though). She also went down the big waterslide with Mommy and Daddy and loved it. She kept asking for more! How could we resist?!
She also loves her wagon that Great Grandpa Naylor fixed up and gave to her. She loves going for rides in it to the park and around the neighborhood picking up pinecones and laying down in it to look at the sky. We love it too!
For some reason she likes to walk around with her these plastic rings on her feet like she's wearing high heels. I finally snapped a quick picture of it. We even caught her putting the rings on her dolls' and bears' feet to get them to walk them around like she does!
She's getting better and better with her speech. She's staring to say more and more things. It's not super pronounced, and usually she says the first syllable and drops the rest off. Although there are times when she'll say the whole word out of nowhere and totally surprise us. She surprised us by saying toy the other day and ah choo, pine cone, apple, juice, up, and okay. She says "more" now with her mouth by pointing at it because I was trying to get her to vocalize it instead of sign it. It sounds like ma, though. But progress! She says all duh for all done and thank you by using inflections. She loves to sing and wanders around everywhere singing her little heart out in some form of language. She also knows more animal sounds. She says oink and it's so cute. She says monkey sounds, chicken sounds, and tries the cat sound meow. She even hissed like a snake once. Once she does start talking I'm afraid we'll never get her to stop, but I'm excited for that!
She continues to love the piano and sits and plays turning the pages to the Children's song book.
She still LOVES books and we go to the library and get new ones. She loves these Elmo ones about real life jobs. She loves Bob the Builder, Clifford and the Wheels on the Bus. She'll do all the actions for wheels on the bus and it's really cute.
She does the actions for Itsy Bitsy still, Wheels on the bus, Popcorn Popping, Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star and Teddy bear, Teddy bear. She loves the songs and actions. We like to do London Bridge too.
She finally had her two top eye teeth and one bottom one on her right come in. Two molars are trying to make their entrance and we can't wait till they do! She loves to brush her teeth and one night Jake taught her the whole routine of brushing, rinsing and tapping it on the side of the sink. The next night she did it exactly like that. She picks up on things way too fast!
She likes to tell us no no no when she does something wrong, but she says it, "doy, doy, doy" and shakes her finger at us.
She loves to put up her left foot onto the table whens she's eating. We've tried so many things to get to not do it, but it's a losing battle and we've decided it doesn't matter. We're picking our battles. Who thought you'd have to do that with a 17 month old?!
She loves to try and brush her hair and play with all of my bathroom things. Her hair is getting longer, but still not super long. It's extremely blonde and so pretty! You'll usually find her sporting the mohawk look.
She loves to go to bed and knows the routine so well. She sleeps from 8:30-7:30 to 9:30am. I like it when she sleeps in till 9ish! Then she takes a nap around noon and sleeps for about 2 hours. Thank goodness we're back to those longer naps!
She likes to wear grandpa's shoes, too!
She just continues to be cute in almost every way possible. She tries to eat her lotion and runs around giving cheeser grins. She gives hugs or loves when ever asked. She'll squeeze you super tight and give kisses on command for real or blown. She's a happy happy fun girl!! Each month just gets better and better!
Thursday, July 9, 2009
The month of firsts...
Posted by
linds
at
11:45 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
What a cutie! I love that little dress. It's amazing how much bigger she is compared to your main blog photo.
I just razzed you in an e-mail about not updating your blogs, and now here I sit, eating my words! I sure love this little girl, and what awesome pictures of you and Jake (love the glasses) I already feel a bit heartbroken thinking about you guys leaving a year from now...ridiculous i know! We miss you and love you to death! See you in a month (or so)!
What a great post! What a FUN month!!! I love all the pictures! Reese is so stinkin' cute! And you look gorgeous!
She is so cute. And she looks good in my boots. She is so much fun, and now says "Pa" for Grandpa.
She is such a sweetheart. That white-ish dress is so cute! Your kid makes me think that having my own is a good idea, but I would probably get the bad one that doesn't sleep and screams all the time....
I can't believe howmuch bigger your baby looks in just a couple of months. She looks so cute (you too!). I hope your summer is going well, we miss you.
love the update! reese is growing (she's tall!) and her hair is blonde! i love it! ishe's adorable! & i love her swim suit too! where did you get it? i had one very similar to that when i was little. i'd love to get one like that for my girls.
I didn't even recognize Reese at the top with her cute little pony tail! What a beauty! Can't wait to see you guys again!
I think you set a world record for the longest post- I LOVE it! Thanks for all the great pictures.
And I never responded to your comment (i'm pretty sure it was you) about Ella's bib- it's JJ Cole and I'm pretty sure they carry them at Baby's R Us. They are the best- and rip off proof cause the snaps are heavy duty. See ya!
Post a Comment