Today was finally warm for the first time this year! It reached the 60s and you can bet Reese and I headed outside to fully enjoy the welcomed sunshine that has been so needed and wanted. Everyone else in this town seemed to flock outside. Jake commented that he wondered where everyone was that went to this school until today. Everyone and their dog was out on campus. The crosswalks and grassy patches were filled and full of laughter and topless bodies. It's pretty pathetic when people are taking their shirts off because it's 60 degrees, but then again if you lived in Moscow and had received 10 inches of snow just last week I guess seeing the sun for the first time this year could make you do crazy things too.
Anyway, we headed to a small park semi-close to home and discovered that everyone else had the same idea. It was such a sight to behold. I'd never seen so many people in this town in one place besides Winco (especially when checking out). There were punk teenage kids throwing frisbees, dogs running around, little kids skateboarding and biking, and laughter filled the air. It was amazing and it felt so good to be outside without a jacket on and worried about freezing.
Reese really enjoyed herself. This was the first time she actually crawled around on grass and at a park. Last summer she couldn't crawl yet and so this was so fun for her. She went straight off the blanket without hesitation and just crawled right onto the muddy grass and loved it. She wanted to go everywhere and only ate dirt twice (we're building up that immune system). I just laughed and loved it. She really liked pointing at people and things. She really wanted to go near the road too, but I didn't let that happen. We took pictures and hung out. It was so fun.
Later she had a bath. She officially broke in the tub. She kept farting in the tub and giggling so hard when she did it. I would laugh right along with her. Right as we were about to be done she did it. She pooped in the tub and it freaked me out at first. I just picked her up and pulled her out. I was scared she'd eat it or something, but don't be fooled I grabbed my camera and took a picture just to prove to Jake that she did it. I was laughing so hard about it and still can't believe it happened. What a great way to end a day, huh! We're just looking forward to the 68 degree weather we'll be having tomorrow.
Monday, April 6, 2009
A day at the park
Posted by
linds
at
11:10 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
That's funny about Reese pooping in the tub. Haha
Post a Comment