Friday, February 22, 2008

Fortunes


For Mother's Day last year, I bought Linds this book we found in a little shop. It has a fortune for every day of the year. We looked up Reese's birthday and found this:

"You are ambitious, but you can be easily discouraged. You give up too easily where you might accomplish many things. You are kind, just, and generous and have an artistic termperament. Cultivate perseverance and confidence in your ability. You are fond of children. "

It's interesting, but we don't really agree with the first part of it. Good thing it's only a book. :)

Here's mine:

"Your love of family is your strongest characteristic and your greatest charm. Your very devotion and earnestness to succeed for them will help you gain your success. With your generous and happy nature, you will win loyal, true, and devoted friends."

And Linds':

"You have courage, ambition, and singleness of purpose. You are sincere and just and should marry young. Do not try and analyze the motives and emotions of your love, and you will be sure of great happiness."

2 comments:

Lesley said...

You shouldn't have posted this... now we all want to know w hat our fortunes are!

By the way, you inspired me to make a little video of ella's first six weeks... thanks!

Lorrie said...

I agree with Lesley--I've seen the little book, and I know I read my fortune, but I can't remember what it said, and now I want to know. BTW, I agree with Jake and Lindsay's fortune, but I don't agree with the first part of Reese's. She doesn't give up!